Friday, May 2, 2014

JaydenSilver Welcomes You to SplashAttack.net!

Hi everyone! My name is JaydenSilver (as seen on Pokémon Showdown). For the purposes of the articles I write, that is what I will be using as my name. So, what makes me qualified to write about competitive Pokémon? I’ve been playing the competitive scene since the end of fourth gen, to currently sixth. This isn’t very impressive, I know. But like many people, the first video game I ever played was Pokémon Red. As far as my proficiency with the competitive metagame, I have held spots in the top three-hundred on Pokémon Showdown in gen five and six Overused. My preferable play style is one of an aggressive nature. I normally fluctuate in my ratings because I switch my team around as soon as I reach top rankings. This is because I love to find new strategies that could break the metagame.

My favorite part of Pokémon is the variability of Pokémon, which creates the ability to truly make a unique team. I am most experienced in six versus six Overused, but have dabbled in Underused and Ubers for fun. My experience in three versus three on the Battle Spot is very limited because of my living conditions on a college campus. Campus life is amazing, but alas, college internet policy makes connecting with a 3DS impossible. It is my hope in the future to provide you with articles that help you understand why certain Pokémon are not viable at a specific competitive level.  For example, Scrafty (a personal favorite), while easily able to sweep in OU last generation has so much trouble in the world of megas that he is now downgraded to sweeping everything under the rug in UU. I would also like to be able to explain the reasons behind specific bannings that are sure to come; I’m looking at you, baton pass team.

This is all for now.  Leave a comment on a Pokémon you want me cover, and I’ll experiment with it on a team.

Quick Facts about JaydenSilver
Favorite Pokémon: Arcanine
Favorite Type: Ghost
Favorite Rival: Wally
Favorite Gen: Gen 2
Favorite Legendary: Lugia
Favorite Champion: Cynthia
Least Favorite Character involved with Pokémon: Ash

- JaydenSilver





No comments:

Post a Comment